Friday, October 9, 2009

Craigslist shopping

I love the concept of Craigslist shopping.  Buy things used instead of new, keep money circulating in the middle class, not pitching old stuff when someone else could use it.  Though being a bed-bug scaredey-cat I get a little nervous about it.  I'd rather get a piece from someone I know.  

That all said I read this tip recently on  Bungalow 23:

A Craigslist Tip

Did you know that you can subscribe to your favorite Craigslist searches in your blog feed reader?  That’s how I found my buffet.

Just enter your search criteria in Craigslist, then scroll down to the bottom of the results page.  In the lower right corner you will find an RSS link.  Right-click the link and then select “copy link address” from the pop-up menu.  Then open your feed reader (I use Google Reader) and paste that link address as a new subscription.

Now, whenever new items matching your search are added to your local Craigslist site, you’ll get notified in your feed reader.

I find that this technique saves me time by showing me only the content I want to see, and it helps me respond quickly after items are listed.

Happy hunting!

1 comment: